FHA LOANS FOR MANUFACTURED AND MOBILE HOMES
Because FHA manufactured mobile home loans are insured by the FHA, there are certain rules and requirements that must be met. Qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- The home must be built after June 15, 1995
- The red HUD label or black plate must be affixed to each section, as well as the matching sticker inside that may be located on a cabinet door or closet
- Minimum size to be financed is 800 square feet.
- The home must be permanently affixed to a foundation that meets FHA standards
- The foundation must consist of pier construction suitable and customary under FHA guidelines, (a structural engineering report may be required)
- Tongue , wheels and axels must be permanently removed.
- Any structural modifications that were not designed and built by the manufacturer may deem the home ineligible for financing
- The home must meet the Model Manufactured Home Installation Standards.
- The lot where the manufactured home will be set must be designated or approved.
- The home must be used as a primary residence.
- In Alabama , the Mobile home title(s) must be cancelled and taxed as real property, for proper deed recording and Alta 9 title endorsement.
Typically the same credit and income criteria used for stick or site built homes will be used to determine borrower eligibility. Please refer to the FHA loan section for further details, and find other options on our mortgage program page.